LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avenger100 (officer)     10 April 2015



A case for divorce and maintenance has been filed by my wife.  I have not objected for the divorce. But have placed my objections for maintenance before the court.  The stage is wife has filed her affidavit for interim maintenance evidence and pending for cross.

However, the case is prolonging without any reason.

What would be the consequences if I do not appear in the court anymore

Please guide me.




 4 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     10 April 2015

If you do not appear in court, the court will give you opportunity to appear before court. If you do not appear even after opportunity given to you, then court will proceed ex-parte and decide the case on the basis of available evidence after striking off your right to defend. 


Goutam Prasad


Mob: 9810753838

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     10 April 2015

In case of non-appearance from your side, the case will be decided ex-parte and the court will fix the maintenance amount based on the depositions of your wife. That may be a hefty amount for you to pay each month.

Avenger100 (officer)     10 April 2015

Sir / Madam


Can I not appeal in the higher court with regard to the maintenance

What would be the timelines for the case to get disposed in the event i dont appear in the court


Why do U want to invite further trouble from evading court, the case will keep on running and running.Fight the case on merits.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads