Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santhosh (professional)     19 July 2017

Division of land

Hi, A piece of land measuring 350sqyds has been purchased, registered by my mother and myself as a whole without any division. Now we want to construct a small house in 200sqyds. Please let me know how to get division of the land done now. 200sqyds for my mother and 150sqyds to me. And I should also apply for a construction permission. Thanks, Santhosh Raj


 6 Replies


I don't know which state you belong to but in my state that is Maharashtra land can not be divided below specific area . This is done because land becomes useless for agriculture /non agriculture purpose .

Even construction can not be done .

If legally it has to be done then you need to contact land record dept. get help of adv. dealing in land revenue matter and land record dept. They can help you if possibile to divide land if possibile into two sub survey no. 

This is legal method remaining all is illegal.



Only land record dept under state administration can do division of land . They do it if one  fulfil all criteria and documents , measurement etc. or if court order is there (but court passes order only again if it fulful all criteria and does not violate any law) 

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     19 July 2017

You can have the land partitioned properly by metes and bounds by entering into a registered partition deed with your mother or obtaining a court-decree effecting such partition between you and your mother.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 July 2017

A partition deed is executed by co-owners

In case a partition is by mutual consent, a partition deed is executed by the co-owners. The partition deed is required to be registered at the office of the sub-registrar of the place where the property is situated as in case of any other registration. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 July 2017

State specific provisions have been explained by Mr. Madhu.

You can benefit from it.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 July 2017

Partition by boundaries is another recourse.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query