LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj   01 November 2023

District court case transfer to other district court


We have filled conjugal rights in my district and my wife filled divorce in other district. I am planning to transfer conjugal rights to the same court in which divorce is in progress. Could you please let me know the process , how much time it will take and cost for this price.


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 November 2023

A high court and district court may, at any time during the course of the proceedings, order the transfer of any suit, appeal, or proceeding that is pending before them to any court subordinate to them, according to Section 24, which enshrines this general power.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     02 November 2023

You have to file petition u/sec 24 of cpc before High Court for transfer of your case from one Diistrict Court to  a other District court. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 November 2023

You have to file a transfer petition before high court if both the districts fall within the same state, if the districts are coming under different states then you may have to approach supreme court with a transfer petition 

The time taken and the cost will be let known by the advocate who you would prefer to engage for this purpose

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register