LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shaikh ateeque (proprieter)     23 September 2014

Disqualification of an advocate from state enrollmnet


a person who had a job in maharashtra state road transport corporation (M.S.R.T.C.) he was dismissed from the job in 2005 he was found guilty in departmental inquiry,Now he is an advocate practicing in our city. how such person can enroll for an advocate? what are the rules for disqualification of an advocate ?


 3 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     23 September 2014

a) look into the Advocates Act for various grounds. b) if a person has served punishment for an offence there is no bar for him to practice any vocation. Else there will never be any reform.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     23 September 2014

get information from Bar Council under Right to Information Act

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     21 July 2016

if You are sure of his dismissal from MSRTC, you ban lodge a complaint against the relevant advocate before the bar council, if you are keen to remove his name from bar ; always thw word dismissal is dicey as many treat even discharfe from govt service as dismissal; if  discharged, if that aspect was considered before he was enrolled you may not have a case before bar council under any complint;

in the circumstances, carefully tread your way sir, no point simply accusing one doesn't help much either to the accuser or accused. tks 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query