LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay   14 July 2016

Dispute on ansectral property

Hello every one ,my get and father has 50 acres of land which was inherited from his grandfather .He has five sons 3rd one is my father.In 1995 he registered 5 acres of land to my cousin brother ie (my fathers elder brothers elder son)after then he substituted 45 acres of land towards 5 sons that means my father lost one acre .This property is located near Hyderabad now it costs more than 50 lakh, is my father or me have any chance to acquire one acre according to law.

Learning

5 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     14 July 2016

Being self-acquired property, your GF had got right to give away 5 acres of his property to his chosen grand son. 

vijay   14 July 2016

Sir the property is not been self acquired it was inherited from fore fathers .My grand father acquired from his grand father

JustAdvisor (IT)     14 July 2016

how old was your father in 1995?

vijay   15 July 2016

My father was 35 years old in 1995

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     15 July 2016

self acquired property of his grand father in the hands  of your grand father deemed to be self acquired property of your grand father and he can give it to his grandson without any legal hinderance.  What is ancestral property and what is self acquired property is well defined in the law and it is not in accordance with the public perception.  Hence, consult an advocate and he would clarify the position.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register