LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anshika   11 January 2022

dispute in lands with government

i am from odisha.
my in laws grandfather was jamidar and have some lands which is now under gramyajangal but we are in possession as we have 2 residential rooms on this property .
in 1999 super cyclone we lost all the documents and rightnow we are not able to collect that documents.
plz suggest me what to do now ?and how can I owned this property ag ain


 4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     12 January 2022

details are required to be examined to suggest remedy. if required consult with detail.

anshika   12 January 2022

where r u from ?how can I contact you?

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     12 January 2022


Aryan Raj   12 January 2022

In response to your query,

Because the original documents are lost file an RTI application seeking ownership details of your Land/Property from the local Govt office (Tehsildar/Collector/Municipality etc). They will give Photocopies of the ownership records(Title deeds/7/12 extracts etc etc).

Thereafter file an FIR with a local Police station that you have lost the Original papers( if you have not already done) of the said property. With a copy of the FIR, approach & apply to the relevant authorities (Tehsildar/Collector etc) for issue of duplicate ownership papers to you.


Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query