LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vincie Infinity   07 June 2024

Disown parent still have share in property

Respected Mam/Sir,

My name is Vincy I am 23 years old. I have finished my masters in English Literature last september.I have 2 younger siblings. My dad works as a kuwaidt.  My mom was a staff nurse in kuwait but died when i was in 5th class,by commiting sucide. After which there was a small panchayat conducted regarding who will take care of us 3 children as my dad is an alcoholic and works abroad. Panchayat decided we will stay with my mothers side of the family and they agreed to do so for free and the panchayat also talked about properties and stuff by which my fathers sister realized we have a good amout of property so she decided she wanted us to stay with my fathers side and bribed the panchayat to give the verdict on her side. And exact thing happend my 2 younger brothers with with my father bro who had no children and i was with my dad's sister ther I was emotionally, verbally,mentally very few times phisically abused by my aunty her daughter and her husband uses double meaning s*xual jokes on me and inappropriately touching me and then saying it was a joke, i stayed there for only a year after that I was in hostel i went there for summer holidays. many years later my dad and she had a fight and my dad joind me in a hostel he mentally tortured me  and after my ug I joined my masters in banglore he did not talk to me for 2 years i have no idea why and I recently came to know he got married when I was in 10th class he kept it a secret my siblings have been staying with her he said she was a relative we did not know they were married I have been staying with her since january and to her I am worse than a slave she uses bad words and complain to my dad about me I am fed up with all this trauma.My father only paid for my hostel and college fee everything else I work partime and earn he did by me a laptop. Now the woman he married went to live with her daughter for summer holidays and left me and my brother alone I have UGC NET exam in 10 days she left for 2 mnths now. My dad randomly calls and yells at me she calls and yells at me if i do not pick up they send someone to check I am mentally drained I want to disown my family and have zero contact but since I am still studying I want to do ph.d and I am also trying out for Army I need financial stability and security I have proofs of every ones abuse i need my share of property and financial aid till I make my own money is it possible.


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 June 2024

You will be entitled to a rightful share out of your deceased mother's property.

You collect the details and approach  a lawyer and file a suit for partition and claim your share in the property with separate possession.

if you do not want to continue your relationship with your father and step mother then you are at your liberty to disconnect all your contacts with them forever, nobody can force you because you are an adult.

1 Like

Ramanathan G (Independent practice)     07 June 2024

Partition suit.

Maintainance application.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register