Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajay   02 April 2015

Disown my son from all of my property and my life

Hi, I need your expert advice. My son is married with one male child of one year age. Due to his wife wrong activities and her parents support of her wrong activity I do not want to keep her in my house. My son lives in another state and she has forcefully entered my house and doing wrong activities. Is there any legal way so that I can ask her not to live in my house and also I do not want her to stay in my house ever. 


 5 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     02 April 2015

Sir, Yes you can disown your son.... By giving a public notice and all .... And thereafter ask her to vacate and stay with your husband and all .... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     02 April 2015

your son has to provide her the accomadation and maintenance for her and when your son is staying in other state why is she in your staying and what is your son stand on this why is he not taking to her place 

disown from you means totally no responsibility to you and from him 

Law_Learner (Asst. Mgr.)     02 April 2015

Dear Experts,


Please advise as the wife has already entered the Mother's house, at this stage disowning will work or the mother will need to go to court for permanent injunction against her daughter in law. 



saravanan s (legal advisor)     02 April 2015

if the property is on your name then you can object to her staying in your home.first disown your son officially and then you send her a legal notice asking her to leave the premises.if she doesnt file for a suit for eviction

Indian Citizen (XXX)     08 July 2015

Dear Experts,

   I thought of posting a query in this thread as I found this somehwat relevant. To cut a long story short - is it possible for the wife to lay claim on the property/cash/assets of in-laws if the son happens to be an only child & has lost his job during or before the divorce proceedings? The couple have a kid for whom the father is ready to pay a monthly maintenance. Look forward to your reply.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register