LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit   12 July 2022

Disciplinary proceeding against me an employee

I had bought few days of medicine with bill from first shop in one state but after that all my medical bills had to be made at second shop in a different state due to prescripttion date issues but purchase was still made from the first shop without bill. Prescripttion from both the shops were submitted but batch number of medicines remained same in bills due to which I am under the lens of vigilance dept for

1. Medical irregularities - batch number issue

2. Fraudulent medical claim

3. Malpractice

4. Misuse of medical facilities, CDA rule

Also second shop keeper gave in writing to my company that he provided just the bill not the medicine.

Any defence against above possible in official inquiry in front of IA(inquiring authority) ?

Shall I accept, deny or partially accept or plead guilty to all the above 4 charges as purchase was made, just there was billing issue.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 July 2022

When it is established that you have claimed a bill without purchasing a medicine, prolonging the issue on false claims appears bad.  Contact your Association/Union/Local advocate convenient to you, meet superiors in person and try to solve it amicably by repaying such amount.  Your explanation should also depend on the medicine prescribed, as to whether it has to be regularly taken for a chronic disease regularly (like BP, Sugar, Cardiac ailment etc) then you can convince the employer through a medical certificate from a competent and qualified physician.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     13 July 2022

Claiming reimbursement on the basis of a false bill is a criminal offence. What is use of proving the need of a medicine which is not purchased. Approach your superiors and try to settle the matter.

amit   13 July 2022

medicines was bought from a different shop as stated

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 July 2022

Your original statements are confusing. If you take delivery of the medicines from one shop, the same shop gives you the bill. Alternatively if you got medicines from Shop No.1 and got the bill from Shop No.2, the latter shop should maintain that they delivered the medicines. Batch No., expiry date etc should match. As that may not be possible you are in soup. Explain to vigilance what exactly happened and that you had no intention of defrauding the reimbursing authority. You may not get the money. But if the vigilence pardons you, other disciplinary actions may not be taken.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register