LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

estranged wife (Housewife)     19 October 2020

Direction for early case disposal on medical ground

I am suffering from kidney problem which has increased.Can I get direction from highcourt for early disposal of my domestic violence case on this ground.local lawyer said you can't because a legal reason is needed and medical emergency is not considered by Hghcourt. In my case regular adjurnments are saught by op lawyer and granted he said we can show order sheet and use this reason only.

Learning

3 Replies

Nirali Nayak   04 June 2021

Hello mam, greetings of the day.
As far as I know, yes you can get a Direction from the High Court for early disposal of your domestic violence case citing medical emergency. A Madurai Bench of Madras High Court said that, the judicial service is at a mission and prolonged pendency will only make the people suffer. Hence with reasonable justification, the appeals must be disposed at the earliest and complete the proceedings within three to six months. And medical emergency is a valid ground. Therefore you can collect the required documents and your case can be solved. 
Hope this solves your query.
Regards
Nirali Nayak
Law Student

1 Like

estranged wife (Housewife)     22 January 2022

Thankyou for your reply.

Parasar   23 January 2022

you have a provision called  section 12(5) in dv act use that and seek daily trial, if you are really subjected to domestic violence you will get  quicker relief, if not your husband will get relief bothways its beneficial.  

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register