Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilesh (Share Market Trader(Individual))     03 August 2016

Direct epf withdrwal from epfo

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to know about direct withdrawal or closing of PF account from EPFO.

I am unempoyed person since 1+ year. My PF account was with my previous company which on long distance. Now i am in native with my family.

Please let me know whether I can close my PF account and how?

Thanks & Regards

Learning

10 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     03 August 2016

Nilesh there is SIX years lock in period in PPF.

After that period partial withdrawal is allowed.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 August 2016

'direct withdrawal or closing of PF account from EPFO.'

It is PF and not PPF.

You can send PF withdrawal forms (  collect from nearest PF office without any cost) and send these to employer, under proper acknowledgment. 

The employer is under obligation to attest and submit to concerend PF office within 5 days and supply the acknowledgment issued by PF office for employee to you. You can ask to supply hard copy by Redg. Post and scanned image by email.

Why do you want to withdraw direct from EPFO without involving employer?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 August 2016

Now EPF has streamlined the entire procedure.  Search in website and it is much easy and simple to withdraw.  You can also speak and get clarifications by calling on their toll free no.  Now EPF is more subscriber friendly, helping and entire system is digitalized.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 August 2016

agred with Mr Kumar Doab and Mr GNL Prasad

Nilesh (Share Market Trader(Individual))     19 September 2016

Thanks Kumar Doab & Sudhir Kumar.Actually I left my organisation 1 yr back but yet I haven subimitted any form with my employer for closure of EPF account. So p[lz guide in this what are possibilities. And what I can do

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 September 2016

" I haven subimitted any form with my employer for closure of EPF account"

have you posted query for a joke.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 September 2016

'what I can do'.

It has already been posted. Go thru the replies carefully. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 September 2016

There is no need of employer's forwarding for the present.  You can down load prescribed forms and claim withdrawal if you are eligible for such withdrawal and depending on the purpose of withdrawal.  When certain guidance is given please try to make an attemp to follow.  Open EPFO website and seek their guidance by filing this as grievance in their on line or online pgrms portal.  They will guide you by catching your little finger on step by step process.

U S Sharma (Owner)     07 January 2017

if  the  PF  account is  linked  with aadhaar,  bank , pan  and  UAN  activated,  then  the  employer  attestation may  be  avoided,  

for  cheking the  status,  please  log in  to  your  UAN member's  account at this  site  https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 January 2017

Now linking EPF AADHAR is mandatory.  Unless the queriest reads a response and then respond, it is difficult to get a solution.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register