LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jatinder verma   02 April 2018

Dimension of plot

Respected sir, i have purchased a plot with boundary walls covered of 100sq yards, and it is still in agreement & balance payment & registration has to be happened yet. the dimension should be 20' x 45' . but when i verified the actual dimension is 18.75'x45'. now what should i do...as i have given 25% amount to seller. how i can challenge him. and what are laws ...pl advise i am in a fix ...regards, Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=366798

Learning

1 Replies

Yusuf Rampurawala   03 April 2018

Ask the seller to provide you with the plans of the plot duly approved by the revenue officer showing the boundary and area details. If he does not provide you can yourself apply to the concerned revenue department under RTI. This will take time. In meanwhile you can take services of an approved goverment empanelled architect for measuring the subject plot and ask for a report. This report you can show to the seller and tell him about the discrepancy between actual area and area as informed to you by him. If he gives you a reasonable answer justifying the discrepancy then good. If not you may terminate the agreement and seek refund. Alternatively if area is less than informed then you can claim a proportionate reduction in consideration value payable to seller. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register