LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav (Agent)     09 June 2013

DIL can mention BIL name in 498???

My bro wife is going to mention my name in 498 with my parents nd brother. However my point is i have never stayed with my brother nd family as i am working in some other city. Please also note nowigoy transfered to a same city but still i m nt stayng with my bro wife under same roof


 5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     09 June 2013

If she mentions your name in the FIR and the police adds you as an accused then, you can go for quashing in the high court on the grounds mentioned by you.

1 Like

Gaurav (Agent)     09 June 2013

Thanks.. she also threatning me that if my name will be in FIR then i might loose my job. Am working in a MNC. Please tell me if she can do it by mentioning my name in FIR thanks

Gaurav (Agent)     11 June 2013

Pls respond to my above query

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     11 June 2013

She may say anything to frighten you. Keep your mind cool. Apply for anticipatory bail in case she implicates you in the FIR. I don't think any MNC will retrench any employee just bcoz he is implicated in a S. 498A case.

Gaurav (Agent)     12 June 2013

Thanks pls also tell me if there is any other way to avoid my name in FIR... Coz in high court it will take time nd cost money

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads