Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinu Vinu Vinu (Support Services)     16 January 2015

Different signature in marriage certificate

Hi Team,

My wife happened use her old/maiden signature in the marriage certificate. Post wedding I have got her PAN CARD with my name added and there she used a new signature which includes my name and a surname. Now that I have applied for her re issue of a passport! Would there be any legal issues as to why there are different signatures in the passport and marriage certificate??

I am concerned because we are applying for a PR Visa for one of the developed country! Please help me if there is any procedure involved!

She wants to continue using her new signature. Appreciate your help!

Regards,

Vinu

Learning

6 Replies

Adv. Gurchal (Practicing Advocate)     16 January 2015

you need to change name and signature of your wife then only way is apply for the gazette for the same.

For help : 9860496005 Pune

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     16 January 2015

Preferably ask your wife to use old signature to avoid future complications. Otherwise, make paper advertisement of change of name and publish including making affidavit should suffice.

Preferably ask your wife to use old signature to avoid future complications. Otherwise, make paper advertisement of change of name and publish including making affidavit should suffice.  Hope clear.

Preferably ask your wife to use old signature to avoid future complications. Otherwise, make paper advertisement of change of name and publish including making affidavit should suffice.  Hope clear.

Vinu Vinu Vinu (Support Services)     16 January 2015

Thanks everyone for a very quick response. I appreciate that!

We already have paper ad confirming the marriage and change in surname. Despite have this, I want to know would there any other complication that may arise for having a different signature?

PAN CARD/PASSPORT and all Bank letters have new signature But the marriage certificate has the old signature! Please help

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     18 January 2015

GO TO REGISTRAR OFFICE AND MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR CORRECTION OF NEW NAME I.E. WITH THE SURNAME OF HUSBAND IN THE CERTIFICATE. THE REGISTRAR CAN CHANGE NAME UNDER RULE 8 OF HINDU MARRIAGE RULES.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More