LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samshath   22 January 2023

Different name in a document


In a property document my deceased father's name is given as Hameed ravuthar, while in his death certificate it is given as Abdul Hameed  (which is his name).  We want to sell the land,   what papers should we prepare?


 4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   22 January 2023

You swear a notarized affidavit saying that both is ones name and same person.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 January 2023

The deed may be rectified through a rectification deed by the seller.

Samshath   23 January 2023

Thanks.  We (my 5 siblings and i) are the legal heirs. Who should make the rectification deed?



Shashi Dhara   23 January 2023

Any one can do ,myself and on behalf of others also     ,the word should be inserted .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query