LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Env Coord (.)     04 August 2017

Difference between process fees and court fees

Q. What is the difference between Process Fees and Court Fees ?

Brief Facts : I intend a file a money-recovery suit for an amount of Rs. 10,000/- at a local district civil court in Maharahstra. As per the Court Fees Act, I will be paying Rs. 1505/- as court fee at the time of filing the suit.
My specific query is whether I need to pay separate 'Process Fees' for service of summons to the defendant in addition to the Court Fees (Rs. 1505/-) paid in advance.
Is Court Fees inclusive of Process Fees ?
If court-fees is exclusive of Process Fees, then how much amount will be required to be paid for 'Process Fees' ?

Regards,
Vishal Saha.

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     04 August 2017

Court fee is the prescribed fee presribed for filing cases/suits and the same is payable to Govt. directly while process fee is required to serve the opposite parties involved in the case. Both fee are distinct and are payable.

1 Like

Env Coord (.)     09 August 2017

Thanks for your prompt reply Sidharth Srivastav Sir.

In your opinion how much will be the process fee for a suit for recovery of Rs. 10,000/- ?

Regards,
Vishal Saha.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     09 August 2017

Rs.3:00 court fee for two defendants and accordingly increase by number of defendants beside postal expenses towards registered post, courier, photocopies and fee of process server if court directed for service by hand.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     09 August 2017

Rs.3:00 court fee for two defendants and accordingly increase by number of defendants beside postal expenses towards registered post, courier, photocopies and fee of process server if court directed for service by hand.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register