Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jatin (student)     22 September 2012

Difference between obc and bc

Good evening sir,

I am under great depression due to my court case regarding my higher studies.  Here the whole case is depended upon “what is the difference between the OBC (other backward class) and BC (backward class)”. As university (managed by central government) under which I applied for my higher studies is giving relaxation for BC category not for OBC category despite it is managed by central government. As far I know while applying in central government managed organization (either for education or for job), OBC certificate is demanded and due to this fact I mention OBC category in my civil writ petition (despite the fact the respondent university is using word BC instead of OBC, even though it is managed by central government). And in reply the respondent university told the court that we will treat the petitioner as general candidate as he mentioned in petition that he applied under OBC and we treat OBC category equal to general category and not equal to BC category, so the petitioner is not entitled for the relaxation of BC category as he belongs to OBC/general category (as he mention in his petition). Although while applying for the admission I always mentioned that I belong to BC category (as option was only of BC not of OBC in the university forms). So now the problem is, I mentioned the OBC category in my writ petition instead of BC before the honorable Punjab high court. So please help me here how I can convince the court to justified my petition statement i.e. name of the category should be of OBC (as I mention in the petition) not the BC as university is saying. One last thing to mention the responded university had only BC category in their category list, no OBC category. Please help me as this is the tail of the elephant, which already passed.

I shall be very thankful to your community.

Jatin

punjab

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register