LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

akshay patel (lawyer)     15 May 2010

difference between before me and attested document

the notary usually notarise documents by BEFORE ME stamp and ATTESTED stamp what is the difference between this two endorsement? .

Learning

5 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     15 May 2010

well i difference is before me means it is signed in presence of notary.

attestted means he has compared copy with original.(Normal meaning of attesttation of any documents).

Regards

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     15 May 2010

Judicial meaning to the word ATTESTED means is to bear witness to a fact.. It is essental that the  witness should have put his signature animo attestandi, that is, for the purpose of attesting that he has seen the executant sighn or has received from him a personal acknowledgement of his signature. If a person put his signature on the document for some other purpose eg, to certify that he is a scribe or an identifier or a Registered Officer, he is not an attesting witness. For details see section 3 of the TPA.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 May 2010

before me : means parties/deponent were present befoe him to sign an affdavt.

Attestation L: Means comparing the duplicate copies with the orrihinsl

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     17 May 2010

before means that document is may be true or may be falsh but court cant accept thats  in place of original document. but after attested means its complectly accept as original document. thats why when attested they wrote " true copy"  that means it accept as original copy as evedience./ prove like thats.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     18 May 2010

Before me is just stating that so and so person has signed the document before me.

Attestation id after verfying the said facts are true

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register