Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MODI JOBS   27 June 2020

diet grandfather property can be gifted by grand mother and father to his grandson. it will legal or illegal. can any other II grandson or granddaughter challenge it.

I am a hindu male. my grandfather has died without any will about their self acquired property. my father is only child of my grandfather.

my grandmother is still alive. my father and grandmother wants to gift the property of grandfather to me. it is legal or illegal please guide me.
my second brother can challenge it.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 June 2020

Who else are other legal representatives of your grandfather to get the property in succession ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 June 2020

It appears from the post that for intestate property of your grandfather, his wife (your grandmother) and his only child (son /your father) are only legal heirs.  If they wanted to gift it to you, they may register a gift deed which is in order.   If you do not wish to face problems, let your brother contribute his signature as a witness to that gift deed.  Then he may not be having a chance to challenge the gift deed.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 June 2020

Yes, on the death of the grandfather, the property is vested with the grandmother and father. They can , during their lifetime, dispose of the property at their discretion. But why this hurry in excluding your siblings?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register