Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Md Shadab Ansari (Law Student & Human Rights Activist....)     26 November 2009

Didnt get the Policy docs with in 15Days??

One of my friend has taken an ULIP Insurance plan from a Pvt Insurance Company and the premium was 1lakh/annum.The company's agent told my friend that you can reduce the premium next year without any charge which was not so.To hide their malice intention the agent didnt deliver the policy docs within 15 days of free lookup period.Next year when my friend reduced the premium a huge amount is charged. Many times they switched the fund also without my friend's request by forging the signature of my friend.My friend is continuing the policy by paying the reduced premium. He has given two Premiums(100000+10000=110000)but the fund value is just 26000 due to switching and premium reduction charge.He has written to the company but they denied the allegation and refuse to refund the money. My question is that what is the best ways to recover all the money from the company??Can the agent and Branch manager are booked under IPC??What will be the best step?? Please reply in detail...

Learning

3 Replies

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     27 November 2009

If you book under IPC it will be yr responsibility to prove your complaint when all documentary evidences are with company. Instead of that it is suggested to file Complaint with Consumer Redressal Forum i.e. Consumer Court which may yield some result you can claim refund, compensation and even for mental torture also. Engage lawyer who is acustomed with Insurance Work and/or consumer litigations.

Md Shadab Ansari (Law Student & Human Rights Activist....)     27 November 2009

Thank you very much for your reply.Accordind to you the case is strong or weak.Pl giv some tips.

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     28 November 2009

very strong

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register