LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (Accountant)     10 November 2009

Development Tax in UP

I want to know above development tax in up for fy 2007-2008.When a dealer liable to pay development tax & how much.I give a exaple: I sold goods rs. 49,00,000/-  till November 2007 & Rs. 2,00,000/- in December 2007 So Total Sale is Rs. 51,00,000/- . In FY 2006-2007 Dealer Turnover is Only Rs. 40,00,000/-. So now the question is in FY 2007-2008 dealer how much to pay devepment tax in Rs. 51,00,000/- or only Rs. 2,00,000/-.

Anand Agrawal (9415362283)

Learning

1 Replies

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     10 November 2009

Dear Anand

The Uttar Pradesh government, which recommended withdrawl of 1% trade tax on the turnover of over Rs 50 lakh, imposed a new tax called “state development tax” of 1% on business houses doing a business of more than Rs 50 lakh a year, which was under effect May 1st 2005. 

- - -- - - - - - - - - --  - - - -

The development tax would be for FIVE YEARS.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --

Traders dealing with business like Newspapers, Agricultural Equipments, khadi Gram Udyog Products and Handicrafts would not be covered under the new tax. Also, raw materials for the use of registered industrial units and packing materials would not be taxed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A fiscal year (or financial year, or sometimes budget year) is a period used for calculating annual ("yearly") financial statements in businesses and other organizations. In many jurisdictions, regulatory laws regarding accounting and taxation require such reports once per twelve months, but do not require that the period reported on constitutes a calendar year (i.e., January through December).

In INDIA, the government's Financial Year runs from April 1 to March 31.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The " State Development Tax " at the rate of One Percent (1%) of the Total Turnover shall be imposed on wholesale traders with annual turnover of Rs 50 lakh and above.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register