Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

oxy (mba)     30 April 2015

Designer with features

hi,

for a fashion designer with custom designs of the garments, shall i get the designs patent or trademark ?? so that no one can copy my designs.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 April 2015

Designing, producing and marketing fashion is a time-consuming and expensive endeavor. Having that work stolen or “knocked off” means lost revenue. It can also mean an expensive and difficult legal battle to preserve your work. Trademark and copyright law doesn’t give the fashion industry the same protection as others; and intellectual property law generally does not offer fashion designers much protection.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 May 2015

You may consult a local lawyer practicing intellectual property laws if you find Advocate Mr.Ramachary's advise not convincing.

Chirag Bhatt (Lawyer Gujarat High Court)     16 May 2015

Designs of Garments are protected under Designs Act 2000.

Artistic Work pertaining to the garments is protected under Copy Right Act, 1957.

subramanian (consultant)     11 July 2015

I agree with Mr Chirag Bhatt.I was once an examiner of designs.As far as fashion designing is concerned  the life of a design is very short and by the time you take action the designs have changed and the old design has lost its value.Exceptions are like  HAWAi Chappal of Bata,

T.R.Subramanian

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register