IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajev Naik   02 March 2021

Descripancy in dobs

My wife has PAN & ADHAAR Card with DOB 21-11-63 based on actual birth details but without any birth certificate. However, her 11th standard marksheet has DOB as 11-5-63 based on which her passport was made. Now for renewal of passport, in application form, PAN & ADHAAR CARD details are to be given. What should I do?


 1 Replies

Ishaan   22 March 2021

Get sworn an affidavit before concern executive magistrate regarding her original birth date and thereafter submit the said affidavit to the Birth and Death Registrar of your locality and he will issue another birth certificate. if he denied the same then file a misc. case before the executive magistrate and the learned executive Magistrate after proper inquiry he will pass direction for issuance of new birth certificate to the Birth and Death Registrar.

Date of birth can be altered only by the Revenue Divisional Officer after conducting an enquiry. You have to approach the RDO having jurisdiction of your area. There is a format and you have to fill and hand over the same. If you have any difficulty in approaching the Revenue authorities, please contact the P.A. General of the Collector of your District. He will identify the authorities. You have to given representation with the help of a lawyer to the concerned school and education board and even thereafter they did not help to change date of birth in school certificate and you have to file writ petition before the high court and get your school education certificate corrected.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query