Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhinav Sharma (intern)     23 June 2011

Deposit of

i am a company whose shares are bought by all. 

The shares are now in dispute due to family disputes. therefore we have been unecessarily caught in this litigation.

Whether under rule 10 order 39 which deals deposit of money in court can be used in this case as well. if there is any other procedure please let me know.


 3 Replies


Please clarify your quarry.

Abhinav Sharma (intern)     24 June 2011

i am a limited company in whose shares people invest. 

suppose A has bought x amount of shares, now A has a dispute with B, a family member regarding x amount of shares. 

Now in this dispute we have been unecessarily esrtranged as only beacuse our shares are in the dispute. We want to get out of this dispute as these are unecessary costs as no liabiliity has been on our part.

Whether any procedure under law where we can deposit the disputed shares in the court and wait for the order of the court which shall be executed by us in favour of the party decided by the court.

narendra.s.p (Chief Manager(Law))     01 July 2011

You can file an interpleader suit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register