LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunil (cs)     15 July 2008

deosit return

Dear Freinds,

In some cases, we resident of meharashtra, have made the  deposit with one cooperative bank of gujarat by providing the local correspondence address of gujarat.

At that time they have accepted the deposit and not raised any issue address,

now they are deniying to repay the matured deposit on account of vague reason like providing local correspondence address instead of local residential address of gujarat .

What the legal recourse we should take against them, whehter consumer court or Banking ombusdum.

Kindly advise on the above issue




 2 Replies

Guest (n/a)     15 July 2008

You can have the recourse under the Consumer Court as you are a consumer within the meaning of Consumer Protection Act. And the attitude which the said bank have practised with you is clearly a deficiency in service within the meaning of the said Act. Once the bank have accepted without raising any objection the same can not be denied later. However you complaint should be accompanied by a positive address proof. 

Guest (n/a)     15 July 2008

Dear Asish Ji,

I agreed with your comments, but consumer court will take their own time to return my hard earned deposit.

thier is any other speedy alternative like bank ombusdum,

furhter my residential proof differ from the proof submitted at the time of deposit would be any defence for cooperative bank.  

Please advise



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query