LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rocky   12 July 2016

Demerits of not getting marrige certifiacte

i want to know the demerits of not getting marrige certificate.can any one complain for it to police or court.what will be harms for couple.

Learning

6 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     13 July 2016

No identity to an women for change of her name after marriage. Othe ID proof can't be obtained without this certificate.

Khush   13 July 2016

well, i do not think there are demerits. yes, if u both apply for passport, they will demand a marriage certificate, or exectuve magistrate attested affidavit that u both are married.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     13 July 2016

Originally posted by : rocky
i want to know the demerits of not getting marrige certificate.can any one complain for it to police or court.what will be harms for couple.

even if you dont apply for the marriage certificate the marriage is absolutely valid and noone can harm you in any means for that reason

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     13 July 2016

Nothing demerits are there without this also your marriage will be treated as valid marriage only if you want to go abroad or for making passport you need marriage certificate .

innocenthusband   13 July 2016

Originally posted by : saravanan s
even if you dont apply for the marriage certificate the marriage is absolutely valid and noone can harm you in any means for that reason

But doesnt the court say that a marriage without a valid certificate is not a legal one? 

A walk alone (-)     13 July 2016

There is no demerits of not getting marriage certificate. Even if you not have certificate your marriage is valid. Marriage certificate needs only for making passport. No one can harm couple. No one is going to ask for Marriage certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register