IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BDasgupta (Manager)     13 August 2014

Deliberate delay of 498a by a judicial magistrate

Sir,I am an accused in 498A case in  along with my parents.The case is pending since Feb 08.Meanwhile I had appealed for divorce in a civil court and obtained a decree in June 14 resulting in dissolution of the marraige on the ground of cruelty.

Meanwhile the 498A case has reached the stage of 313.However it appears the the concerned judicial magistrate is reluctant to take the case forward and give the judgement.Although it is under the direction of Hon High Court for speedy trial the said magistrate always gives adjournments citing his personal reasons.

Sir,Please advise what to do now as I am really fed up.

My lawyer advises me against moving High Court.


 1 Replies

498_final stage (Professional)     19 August 2014

You can file a petition for transfer of the cases in the SC but chances are very less..

Moving to high court may just put some pressure on the lower court... I dont think there is much u can do.

Yah u can take quick dates from clerks there.. Give them some KHARCHA PAANI and those clerks would be ready to do CABREY for you in the court.....lol

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query