LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sq f   18 February 2023

Deletion of name in form 14

Dear sir /madam, 

My grandfather had mortgaged three pieces of agricultural land in 1951 for Rs. 1500 to Mr CB, then he passed away. In 1980s survey of India made the Form 14 in Mr CBs Widow name. In 1992 My Mother paid the mortgage amount with interest to Mr CBorges widow in return of a deed of release. Then there was no action with regards to removal of Mr CB Borges widow name from Form 14. Now, since we know this we want to take it forward. The mortgage deed and deed of release original copies are with us, but do not have land original papers since land papers are of prior 1951and in portuguese. So we couldn't find it. How can we add our name in Form 14, is it by court or mutation office?? Please advise. Thank you - Tony


 5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 February 2023

Eleborate about form 14 as referred by you, what is this ?

sq f   19 February 2023

Sir this is somewhat like an occupier/ owner name stated in Government form in Goa,  which is an importan document, somewhat like a 7/12 in Maharashtra. Thank you

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 February 2023

It is better you consult some local  advocate dealing with such land matters

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 February 2023

You can approach courts for filing declaration suit for the property. So court order is required for include your name in form 14. In declaratory suits, plaintiff's task is not over once he proves that he is entitled to the legal character or right to property, it is for him to convince the Court that the defendant has denied or interested to deny that legal character or right of the plaintiff.

sq f   20 February 2023

Thank you sir for the advise 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register