LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Kumar   01 November 2021

Delayed joining even after issuance of "offer of appointment

Hello sir, my query is that I was working in FCI and was issued an 'offer of appointment' by CAG after selection through Staff Selection Commission. Hence, I resigned from my former organisation to join the new post. However, I was not allowed to join for more than a year as they thought I was not eligible to join for the said post due to my educational qualification. But after more than 1 year, they allowed me to join. I was employed in a private organisation only for three months during this period.

This incident happened five years back. I have not represented my case yet as I was completely unstable due to being unemployed and other financial losses.. I want to know if approach through proper channel whether my case will be considered in CAT or will it be rejected owing to so long gap.

Thank you everyone in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     08 November 2021

Firstly, what date were you to join? Did you anywhere at any point of time get in writing thst they have not been wanting you to join after issuing an offer letter to you? If yes, then please provide.  Further, have you stated to them that you worked elsewhere in the one year thst they refused to accept you reporting to job even after the issuance of the offer letter?

Rahul Kumar   08 November 2021

1. I reported the said organisation within stipulated period.

2. Yes, I immediately represented before the respective officer regarding it.

3. Yes, I informed through the same representation that I resigned from a previous organisation consequent upon receiving the Offer of Appointment.

Thank you, sir.

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     08 November 2021

Main question is unansw here. Did they write to you stating expressly that they do not want you to join due to what ever reasons.

Rahul Kumar   14 November 2021

Sir, they replied that my matter has been referred to SSC and further to Delhi University.  There reply didn't specify any reason.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register