Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monika Bhardwaj (Manager - Legal)     15 January 2012

Delay in registry by builder

Dear All,

I had applied for a plot in a project in 2006. First installment was paid in 2007 within the demand time. With this, 50% payment was made towards the purchase. Builder promised for preferential allotment but did not come back. Allotment happened in 2010 when we visited the builder from among the left out plots. Builder quoted that time that registry will happen in two months and since then there is no written communication from the builder. Through telephonic discussions, the builder had asked now that if we wish we can withdraw the amount but he will deduct 10%. I personally visited the project site. No work has been done by the builder during last 4 years. After enquiring the nearby dealers, we came to know that its only this builder on whose project registries are not open in that area. I don't want to withdraw the money. If registry gets open for this project, I would be able to get good buyer. Right now there is no buyer in the market for this project since the builder is not registering transfers among the existing members. Adjacent projects are attracting investments. They are running extremely good. What is the legal recourse here which I can take? I have written a letter to the builder to understand why the registry on his project is getting delayed but he is not responding.

Learned members' suggestions and views are solicited. Please guide me.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Monika Bhardwaj

Learning

1 Replies

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     16 January 2012

don't withdraw. go to consumer court and ask either for plot with interest on paid amount for the period of delay.. and in alternative, refund of total amount with 18% interest.. don't ever give any surrender/ cancellation or withdraw letter. u will definitely get good interest on your paid amount.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register