LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tushar (na)     11 January 2010

Delay in possession of flat

I had booked flat in Pune in Jan 2007. At the time of booking sales people told me that I'll get possession by April 2008.   On agreement they printed date of possession as June 2008.  Builder asked for 100% disbursement and offered me some discount.I took builders offer and asked bank to disburse full amount to the builder.

But builder delayed possession .They have actually started possession last month i.e December 2009.   Total delay of  20 months from promised date.  Builder had asked me to clear all dues to start possession process.  After getting all work done I went to builder to take keys for my flat.  Builder asked to sign some documents. The documents consists of  one 100 rupee bond paper , one 200 rupee bond paper (titled something like indeemnation paper)  and one credit note .

The text on the credit note said that  I have received Rs. 15,000/- against  delay in possession and now I'll not fill any complaint for compensation in consumer forum or anywhere else. 

When I refused to sign on credit note , builder refused to give me possession. 

I need to take possession of flat as early as possible because I'm paying heavy EMI. 

What should I do now ? Shall I sign all documents and take possession ?

Is this way all the builders do ? Is it required to such bond papers ?

I feel like trapped . 

Please advice

Learning

12 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     12 January 2010

Serve a legal notice for possession of property and secondly for compensation for delayed possession of the property for nearly twenty months, don;t buckle under pressure, sue him in the consumer forum and claim damages along with interest.

2 Like

subhash kumar (advocate)     12 January 2010

Dear, if there is delay in possession of the flat that is deficiency of services on the part of the builder you have right to sue him in the consumer forum for possession and compensation for mental agoney etc. better you first serve him a legal demand notice for possession of the flat.

subhash kumar, adv

1 Like

Tushar (na)     12 January 2010

Thanks a lot for valuable advice.

How should I server him notice ?  Is it possible  for you to recommand lawyer in Pune ?

Also, recently I came across this website https://www.consumergrievance.com/ .  They say that they can server notice to the builder on one's behalf. Is it ok to server notice to builder through this website ?

My current fear for legal action is that , it may  further delay my possession as this builder is finacially very strong.

Thanks,

Tushar

I can understand your valid apprehensions, but the fruit of your fight for justice will be sweeter when you fight for a just cause so that you can hold your head high while accepting the possession rather kneeling meekly before the tort feasor. Although I don't know anyone in Pune, I suggest you contact Mr Palnitkar who is a senior member of this forum, Mr Palnitkar is a retired District Judge and resides in Aurangabad. He can guide you to the right person.

1 Like

Contact details of Sri Palnitkarji: vpalnitkar@gmail.com ,cell no. 9665020111

1 Like

Makarand (Individual)     19 March 2010

Originally posted by :A V Vishal
" Serve a legal notice for possession of property and secondly for compensation for delayed possession of the property for nearly twenty months, don;t buckle under pressure, sue him in the consumer forum and claim damages along with interest. "

Hi Vishal,

Need ur advice.

I have purchase resale 1 bhk flat in nov 2009. I have paid all amount agreed in the sale deed on 24th Nov 2009. The Seller has fist committed me to give possession on Jan10. But then he realized that he will not able to move his new flat, so he request me to extend his stay till mar10. I agreed for that and he also agreed to pay rent for three month. Now he is still not giving me possession and wanted to extend his stay. I want possession on 1st april 2010. If he is delaying in possession, what should I do now? I need to take possession of flat as early as possible because I'm paying heavy EMI.

This dealing we have done through estate agent. I have already paid 60% amount of agent commotion. Now agent is asking for his entire money. But I have told him give me key of my flat on 1st april 2010 and take your rest money. He told me that only dealing is role and he will not involve in possession.

Now my question is that---

• Can I log a complaint against resale flat seller? If yes how?
• What is the role of estate agent in property dealing?
• What should I do if estate agent is harassing me for commission before completing the possession procedure?

Request you to please help me to resolve my query.

Thanks & Regards
Makarand

rupesh (gm)     23 November 2010

i had booked a flat in Runwal residential project - The Orchard residency at Ghatkopar, Mumbai. The possession date as per the agreement is June 2009 and the agreement also had a clause for Interest @9% for delay in possession. The builder claims that delay is on account of regulatory approvals and not due to their fault and hence is not liable to pay interest as these are circumstances beyond his control.

Kindly confirm is such cases have a better chance in the consumer court.

Satya (S/w)     11 March 2011

Can i file a case for delay compensation after taking posession?

Many Thanks,

Satya

SATYAJIT CHAKRABORTY (Regional Sales Manager)     09 March 2012

I had purchased a flat in Kolkata - the agreement has been already registered and 90% money has been disbursed by the bank to the promoter. The date stated on the agreement is 4 months that falls on 24th My 2012 exactly .Given the status of their work on common utilities and apartment interiors it doesnt seem they are likely to give me possession on the date given in agreement. My agreement does not have a delay compensation clause . I am mentally preparing myself to take the fight to consumer court if the possession is not delivered in time . I havw already started shooting letters to the promoters reminding them of the pending work and the date of possession as their verbal assurances are all false. Need advice on how to go ahead with dealing with the situation.

Ganesh (Consultant)     15 September 2012

I have booked a flat in a big project of a national builder in Chennai. As per sgreement to sell, he is supposed to give possession in Jun 2011. But, still he has not given possession. Whenever, I ask they say possession will be given in 3 months. Now, they stopped responding to my mails / and avoiding my phone calls. What is the best advise in this case. I understand that they have given possession in couple of neighbouring towers.

Pravin Belurkar (Sr. Software Engineer)     15 September 2013

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am staying in Narhe. I have booked a flat in Krishna Tower (Bhumkar Nager, Narhe) on Feb 2011. Builder promised me that he will handover flat in a year. He was about to complete his Town planning document and others, so he did my agreement of flat on July 2011. I have already paid 90% Flat amount and also paid my Service tax and VAT to builder. Now its been 2.5 years and still building construction is going on. It seems it will take another 1.5 year. I am very frustrated because my home loan full EMI is deducting from my salary and also I am staying in rented house. I have to pay both home loan EMI and home rent.
  When I am calling builder then he forward my call to his wife. And she speak nonsense on the phone. She said that you will get flat after building is complete when I called her last time. She want me to go to Police and call her from there. I am salaried person, and I don't want to make any issue. I don't know what to do in this situation.

I have agreement copy, paid receipt for Service tax and VAT.

Please help me and get me out of this.

Builder Details:
Building - Krishna Tower
Construction - Media Group Of construction
Office Address - Corporate: M/S Krishna Developers,1322, Media House, Shivaji Nager,Gavthan,Pune-411005
Office: CTS. No. 82, Butte Patil Tower, 3rd Floor, Flat no. 10, Ganjave Chowk, Pune-411030"
Web Site - www.media-group.in
Architects & Designer - Ar: Udawant, RCC Designer: Shubhash Manglori, Legal Adviser: Prajakta Bhade-Girme  
Site Address - S.No.4/3 & 4/4 Narhe, Pune Satara Highway, Pune - 411041
Contact No. - 9689926013, 9890025417, 02025520287

I hope I wont be disappoint after this email. Thanks in advance.

SIddhanth (MArketing manager)     22 November 2013

The worst developer who is not capable of fulfilling the commitments.....

Its has been more than 2 years i have doen my booking of casa rio riverretreat in 2011 and after giving me a tentative date of possession since a year lodha group keeps on postponing the dates last time i received a mail that the possession will happen in June / october and now December 2013

but still waiting for the same 

and when i asked them how can you demand money on time but not give the possession they have a different answer that the developemnt of roads are in process ... seriously i doubt the possession will happen in December tooo the most important point whn i asked them for intrest on the payments they fairly say that if after the onyear of grace period if the possession doesnt happen 

they will buy the flat with the intrest on the paid amount and on the rate psf at the time of purchase 

WTF who will pay the intretst on the bank loan that have been taken to payoff

Lodha seriosly thinks that peoples are fools 

Guys I need your help to spread the word that dont buy any flats in lodhaGroup bcoz seriosly its fooling around with time and its will be great if i can get some Consumer court redressal procedure

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register