LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prem Kumar M S (faculty)     16 December 2013

Delay in payment of death benefits

Hello ,

my mother is a govt employee working for KPTCL.She expired on a son i have claimed my mothers benefit of gratuity and family benefit fund.but still i havent received any benefit.Im really tired.can i claim interest on monetary benefits(2lakhs FBF+3LAKHS GRATUTY) as well as compensation for delayed payment. if so under which law i can claim. is there any judgements regarding such issues in past.. plz help me out


 5 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     16 December 2013

If your mother declared you as her "nominee" in her declaration form, you should definitely be getting those benifits from  KPTCL, but you cannot claim interest  and compensation for the delay caused and hence it can be treated as an "administrative delay" while processing your application. It is better to made a "REMINDER" to the officials of KPTCL.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 December 2013



Payment of Gratuity Act 1972: The claimant is entitled to interest @10%/pa for the delayed period.

If it is not paid within 1 month you may approach Controlling Authority of Gratuity.

Download Gratuity Rules of KPTCL.



FBP: Check details as stipulated in policy of KPTCL.

1 Like

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     17 December 2013

You send representation to concern officers wait for 15 days then you file Writ Petition in the High Court,  seek direction to  pay all death benefits of your mother within reasonable period , claim interest, and damages . Contact:  GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES,  Email:, Cell No: 9290673693.

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     17 December 2013

You represent to concern officers to pay your mother death benefits immediately wait for 15 days, then you file Writ Petition in the High Court, seek direction to pay your mother death benefits within a reasonable time, claim interest and damages.  Contact: GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES, Email:   Cell No: 9290673693.

Prem Kumar M S (faculty)     17 December 2013

Thank yoy sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query