Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naresh g   01 April 2021

Delay in obtaining legal heir certificate in online

Hi
I have applied my legal heir certificate online in tamil nadu. Now election yet to be conducted next week, VAO is not processing my application and sending to revenue officer.
I asked several people about it, people experienced that these officers intentionally make delay in processing when applicant makes application in online mode and have to visit & request them several times.
They expect some bribe that won't be possible when application is made online.
Any remedies for getting legal heir certificate and this should not happen again to anyone in future.

Learning

4 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     01 April 2021

Take to the notice of the higher authority i.e Tahsildar thro 'online duly sending copy to Dt.Collector.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 April 2021

First file RTI Application to the Tehasildar seeking information as follows:

Subject on information solicited:  Legal heir certificate application dt...............before................................

Information solicited:

1.Please provide time frame fixed for issuing legal heir certificate as per citizen charter.

2.Please provide specific reasons for the inordinate delay in issuing such a certificate.

3.Inform present status.

Wait for a response for one month and in all probability, you can get the certificate within a month from the date of application.

If you have paid any fees as consideration for the certificate to Govt., issue a simple notice under CP Act to the authority with whom the application is pending. demanding compensation for harassment and deficiency of service for inordinate delay.

Hope these two steps may work for getting the certificate you required.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 April 2021

No legal issue is involved in the query.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     03 April 2021

It is a pity that the EC will even suspend the Grievance day hearings of District Collectors every Monday and stop all Revenue processing for various certificates but permit IT Raids. Misplaced priorities. It is true that in Tamilnadu one cannot get even a death Certificate now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register