LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun Gupta   26 March 2020

Delay in joining due lockdown in covid

Dear All, I was to join a company on 23 March 2020.But due to lockdown in Delhi I was intimated by the company on 18th March 2020 verbally that my joining will be postponed by a week and thereafter they will see how the situation goes. Now due to complete lockdown in India till April 15 can the company revoke the appointment itself.In the current scenario what is the advisable course of action for me as I have been releived from the previous company on 17th March 2020.So without Job currently. Thanks

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 March 2020

It is upto the management decision on your posting. You can gen in touch with them through proper communication.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 March 2020

You have to wait for the company to respond after the current emergency situation in the country improves. 

You cannot hold anyone responsible for this calamity because it is a global calamity. 

You may have to wait, you cannot do anything legally to claim your employment as a right during the interim period.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 March 2020

Wait and watch the situation. 

Your question is premature.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 March 2020

Legal optons can be availed of. However, it would be advisable to convince the prospective employer of the compulsions of the situation.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 March 2020

There is a general amnesty through globe due to the current crisis, hence it would be better to wait for the situation to come to a control and return to normalcy.

After that you can have a platform to fight it legally in case your appointment is not considered or you are not getting justice in this regard. 

Arjun Gupta   31 March 2020

Thanks for your reply. I have officially asked the company on the status but haven't got a clear reply.They have neither denied the appointment nor they have confirmed. I am worried because I am without a job right now as I had completed the notice period in my previous organization basis their appointment. I am not getting salary since 2 months because I had resigned.If now they revoke the offer it will create a lot of problems for me.This is the reason I am seeking what legal options do I have.

Thanks for your reply. I have officially asked the company on the status but haven't got a clear reply.They have neither denied the appointment nor they have confirmed. I am worried because I am without a job right now as I had completed the notice period in my previous organization basis their appointment. I am not getting salary since 2 months because I had resigned.If now they revoke the offer it will create a lot of problems for me.This is the reason I am seeking what legal options do I have.

Further what I am seeking is a confirmation from them whenever the situation improves and they start working normally they should ask me to join.Not seeking to join in the lockdown period.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register