LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Konduru   28 February 2024

Delay in full and final settlement

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to inform you that I am a resident of Telangana, Hyderabad, and I worked at Byju's Bangalore head office for 4.8 years. Unfortunately, I was laid off on August 18th, 2023, due to office restructuring. Despite being assured that my Full and Final Settlement (FNF) would be credited within a month, it has been six months since then, and my dues have still not been cleared. As a result, I have been unemployed since August, and I am facing financial difficulties in meeting my loan and other commitments.

I would like to bring to your attention that I have submitted all the necessary documents and assets to the organization, and I have received an acknowledgement for the same. However, while many of my colleagues who were laid off alongside me have received their FNF, mine seems to have been put on hold. Despite numerous attempts to address this issue by sending emails to the HR team, I have not received a proper response.

After multiple reminders in my emails, I finally received a reply stating that the finance team is working on it and that I will be provided with an update, but the delay has caused significant frustration on my part. Moreover, my attempts to communicate through phone calls have been unsuccessful as well.

I kindly request you to understand my situation and provide me with the necessary assistance in resolving this matter. Your prompt attention to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Konduru Sandeep


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 February 2024

You can consdult a local lawyer, issue a legal demand notice demandng the settlment of the F&F  amount within a stipulated period failing which you may file a suit for recovery of money

Sandeep Konduru   28 February 2024

Hi Sir

Thanks for advice 

Some of my colleagues issued notices to the head office but they are denying them as usual 

Shashi Dhara   28 February 2024

Complaint to labor court or consumer forum.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 February 2024

The legal notice is the first legal step to recover the amount.

It has  to be followed by a suit for recovery of money and not to stop there itself.

Your friends did not pursue the matter after that hence they are not able to get the reliefs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register