LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D S Yadav   31 January 2018

Degree certificate lost in transit.

Dear team, my degree was to be sent from University to my address (in Haryana) but they sent that to Banglore (as per post office records). Now, the packet is untraceable as 12 months have passed. University is asking for application and fee for Duplicate degree certificate, but I don't have any proof of that issued degree to complete the formalities for Duplicate certificate like police verification & affidavit etc. So, kindly share your opinion. What should I do to get my degre certificate. As, I have clearly mentioned my address on application form and the mistake of wrong address was made by University people.


 6 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     31 January 2018

Ask in RTI to university 1. When the packet was dispatched. 2. Whether packet has been delivered or not. 3. If packet has not been delivered, any complaint was filed by University for non delivery. 4. What is the status of complaint. I think university will make efforts.

anubhav Bhatt   31 January 2018

Dear client you should move a Writ petition before Hon'ble High Court for direction to university and also file RTI better if you contact us then I will elaborate properly about your case
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 9198889990

D S Yadav   31 January 2018

@ Mr. Chauhan, As per university record the packet was booked on 24/01/2017 by registered post. But even after the wrong address they have not received the packet returned/undelivered. When I contacted the PO at Bangalore, they have no records & if the address was wrong, they would have returned the packet. I raised a complaint at indian post site on 23/1/2018. That is still in pending status.

D S Yadav   31 January 2018

@ Mr. Bhatt, As per your advice, In which state the petition should be filed, either in University's state or my home state. And how much time will it take to get any solution. As I need the degree certificate as soon as possible.

anubhav Bhatt   31 January 2018

Where your university situates that a territorial jurisdiction and per time is concern it should have some limited time.

D S Yadav   31 January 2018

University is Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu and I am from Haryana.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query