LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VictimOfBiasLaw (Professional)     25 November 2010

definition of shared household

what is the definition of "shared household" ?

what is  the minimum period to stay gather for domestic violence case ?


My wife stayed with my parents with only 4 months and put false DV case against me and my parents.

Can she file DV case against my parents ? since she stayed for only 4 months 


 5 Replies

M. A. Khan (advocate)     25 November 2010

DV case cannot be filed against female member. therefore, parents cover both mother and father, and hence if complaint made against mother is not tenable.

VictimOfBiasLaw (Professional)     26 November 2010

Sir , but only 4 months stay is enough for DV case ?

and that 4 months because i was out of india otherwise myself and my wife was staying seperate from my parents in other city.

As per shared household minimum 6 months stay is compalsory ,

Please correct me if i am wrong.


An unemployed divorcee if does not get married again, does her maintenance amount include her house rent?


DV case cannot be filed against female member.

Is it so ?

dec17 (student)     17 December 2010

women can be respondents in dvc case but coming to releifs only sec18 is applicable to women and rest can be calimed against husband only

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register