LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     19 February 2012

Defence of public right

A suit is  for  a  declaration  and injunction  against  some of the neighboring  field  owners  for  a  declaration that the  suit well  and   land   are of the  absolute ownership  of plaintiffs and  injunction restraining defendants  from  disturbing plaintiffs from exclusively enjoying the  suit  property
 In  defense a  written  statement is  filed  wherein  it is  contended that the  suit well  is  a public  well  and the land is  meant  for   way  of  public. and the  defendants  are enjoying  the  suit property   in  capacity  as public members .whether this  defense is  available to  the   defendants  without recourse to  filing  counter claim  of the  like nature  and  without  defending in the  capacity  as    representatives  of  public ?  whether  such a  defense  can  be  gone into by the  court without issuing notice  to public  I.E.  under order 1  rule 8  of  CPC? I  think   defendants  cannot make  such  a  defense without  recourse to   provision  under order 1 rule 8  of  CPC
 What is the opinion of the   worthy   lawyers  on this  issue ?
 whether  any  authority is  available  for  or against the proposition ?    I  may  please be  replied through my  Email address  I.E. pandyashantilal @hotmail.com

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register