LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bharath (consultant)     28 June 2016

Defamation with out paying court fees

Hi Experts ,

I have been aqutted in 354 A and D filed by an women and had great loss finanicallly can i file suit for damages and defamation against her with out payig court fees. when i approaced my counsel he said it will cost 4 laks court fees.its been 6 months i have been accquitted. please suggest me how to proceed.

Insights much Appriciated.

Regards ,




 6 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     29 June 2016

The amount of court few depends totally on the amount of damages you are claiming in the defamation case . You should file a criminal case for defamation and ask for compensation u/s 357 crpc. That way you shall be financially benefitted without paying any court fee

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     29 June 2016

Dear Bharath, Not necesary to file civil defamtion suit. you can file criminal case agaisnt for malicious prosecution. consult criminal advocate nearer to you.

bharath (consultant)     29 June 2016


its been six months that i have been  aqiutted will i have that option now to file crminal case



Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 June 2016

Section 357 of Crpc. Courts must not only convict and punish the guilty in criminal cases but should also award compensation to the victims, the Supreme Court has held.

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     29 June 2016

You may sue as a pauper, if you are unable to pay the court fees.

Warm Regards,

Nitish Banka

bharath (consultant)     29 June 2016


can u please eloborate.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query