Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KNK A Learner (Learning to share)     13 October 2011

Defamation when to file in 498a?

Hi,

When to file the Defamation Case for false 498A, if you have strong proofs?

is it after aquital or before one year of filing the 498A

Learning

5 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     13 October 2011

Dear KNK

if you have proof about to false 498A, then why to want to file defemation, you can file an application u/s 182 IPC and get justic after that you can file a defemation also  after aquital

Adv. Subhadeep Saha (Lawyer.)     18 October 2011

Agree with Mr. Qureshi. you can also file a suit for malicious prosecution apart from defamation and 182 IPC.

Siv (engineer)     08 November 2011

As per law no bar in filing defamation case.... the moment the accused done the crime that defames you, immediately defamation can be filed. No need to wait till the earlier case to be closed.... because if you wait till the case is close by that time you may loose your evidence because od destruction due to age and volatile nature of evidence...

ravindra (Analyst)     08 November 2011

Hi all in my 498a also i have strong proofs eg voice recording and phone recording. can i file case u/s 182 or shuld i submit tht recording first in my 498a case? can plz any one advice

Thanks

Ravindra Sonavane

Sufferer of 498 (Officer)     02 January 2012

"voice recording and phone recording" won't be considered a crucial evidence, court only takes handwritten documents an d signed papers as proof.....they are not as high tech to accept voice and video as evidence as yet. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register