LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SriLatha   28 March 2018

Defamation case enquiry

Hi, I was married in the year 2000. Mine was a love marriage and my parents were against it. From the day of my marriage till now my mother and my younger brother are abusing me and my family. We all were fine after 5 years of my marriage. But my brother started abusing me because he occupied the shed for which was given to my mother from her brother for my marriage. I am from IIT and this guy studied till 10 class. When ever i ask for my property he abuses me a lot so that i will keep quiet for some years. Now he recorded to abusive words on my marriage blaming my husband and my daughter also. I want to file a defamation case against this constant abusive behaviour. Can you suggest how i can proceed.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. SIddharth Jain (Advocate )     29 March 2018

File a complaint with the police for Criminal Intimidation. Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of any one in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause to alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intimidation.
For more queries, feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     30 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2018

first of all there is no compolication asen as yert.

secondly addtion to the view sof Mr Jain I will express that defamation may not be made out.  Intimidation will be made out.

Further views can be expressed on knowing what is your cast and what is cast of wife and what exctly he speak to derogate your wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register