LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

minthu vincent (SSSSS)     14 April 2011

defamation case by fathe in law

2009, I Filed a DV case against my husband , fatherin law, sister in law, mother in law, seeking Maintenance, shared household rights,  restraint on my fatherin law.. i filed it on the same day which  my hubby filed his divorce case..

. on 2010 July.. we both withdrew and dismissed the divorce case without his parents notice and living together since then... DV case has been pending till then...His family has been trying their best to get him back.. on Aug 2010... my father in law and sister in law, bro in law has filed a defamation case against me..saying the DV i filed was completly wrong and they had no issues with  marraige and my aim was to make them look bad in society and landed them with headache , BP , blah blah.. totally seeking 1 cr damages..

they have been trying to serve summons from last 2010. unable to locate my bangalore address, they tried to send it to office address too.. which they had no success as i work from home in another state.so.. now the case in  ( Steps)  as per what i came to know from last hearing( unofficially) i have kept the dv case pending.. if i dismiss it.. im sure they will use it against me.. i need this forum advise on what to do next.. we been trying to find lawyers.. but i know this case will drag forver

my husband spoke to his dad last week too.. All his dad wants is.. that my hubby has to divorce me and has to get back to his family.. My FIL also warned that this case will never be withdrawn and he is going to go for publication and he will end up filing more and more... ( i wonder on what grounds) Guess he knew i dont have 1 crore stashed up somewhere and i dont have the means to hire lawyers who cant be easily bribed...my hubby earns about 20 k a month... im earning too.. but life is tough.. and i just want it to be peacefull without facing this ordeal.. i have learnt to live simple.. but all i want is peacefull life with my hubby just like every other woman in this world..

I had to post this in civil forum too as i got confused on where to post for defamtion.

Learning

2 Replies

mohansreddy (Advocate)     15 April 2011

Nothing to worry till ur husband support u in the case. it is well settled principles of law, any offences araising out of matrimonial alliance can be compounded(  if the offence is not heinous in nature)for the welfare of the family, interruptting this position of law u can be safeguarded

Mohan S.REDDY

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register