Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kolambkar Lahu Sahadeo (DY MANAGER)     09 December 2013

defamation case

We are managing committee members of society. We have filed case against builder for execution of conveyance and oc. Now few members have written to court stating the committee members are hand in gloves with the builder and may harm the interest of society. Can we file defamation case against these members for making allegations without any justification?


 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     09 December 2013

yes you can file defamation case against those few members.

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     09 December 2013

The Society can remove the so called members and take new members and file a withdrawal petition on their behalf and file a fresh petition for impleading new members. I think defamation case is not maintainable against them.  Cheating case can be maintained.

GOPAL SHARMA (LAWYER)     10 December 2013

Yes, you are competent to file a defamation suit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query