Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     29 October 2009

defamation case

in a hospital setting, one my friend was insulted by senior doctor, without any apparent reason, Senior Doctor also insulted accompanying patient.

My freind filed complaint to Director of Institute, an enquiry committee was set up, but they did not take action  against alleged  Senior doctor,

other witness, who were the perrmanent employee of hospital , changed their version, and

verdit of enquiry commitee, did not do justice with my  friend.

here my query is this, whether in such condition, case can be filed U/S 507 IPC criminal Defamantion. against the verdict of institutional  enquiry committee?

if yes then what is the  process?




 2 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     29 October 2009

The enquiry committee is a departmental procedure. Though its findings also keep some weight but you friend is free to initiate indepndent defamation proceedings. He should first engage a counsel and serve a notice to senior doctor and then a criminal complaint under section 200 C. P. C. should be filed by him before judicial magistrate.

1 Like


Without having any proof you can not file defamation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads