LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Soft Person (Manager)     29 February 2016

Defamation against my wife and her parents

My wife complained against my parents, cousin bother, uncle and me on dowry harrassment and domestic voilence in local police station. Police enquired and found no fault from our side, but they forwarded the complain to Social welfare officer as my wife insisted on my arrest.

We attended 2 enquiries at Social welfare office and they had cleared us from the allegations given by wife. Social welfare officer sent a report to local police station saying allegations against us are false.

I filed a divorce case and is in progress. Now my wife filed restitution of conjugal rights and demanding 10 lakhs for mutual divorce.

Is it possible to file defamation case against my wife based on Social welfare officer report? 

My lawyer is saying defamation case won't stand as allegations are against only on my blood relations.

Learning

2 Replies

KS Johal   29 February 2016

You are trying to mix chalk and cheese together. I don't think that you understand what defamation means. One moment you are talking with regards to family law and then you are talking regards to dafamation law. Sorry this is my interpretation of what you have put in this forum.

binay (advocate)     29 February 2016

Go and consult with an advocate. Yes you can not go through it but your cousin brother and uncle may be, further I may opine to file a case by your parents

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register