LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shalini Jain (Student)     03 July 2015

Deed of adoption


I am 26 years old girl and I was adopted from my biological to my uncle(real brother of my bio father).

And they did not get any deed of adoption for this.

All my documents has name of my father(who adopted me) and my birth certificate has name of my biological father. 

I have to apply for passport, but for that I need adoption deed.

So please could anyone tell me how can I get this adoption deed ?





 6 Replies

Adv.Vandana Vaidya (Advocate & Regd. Patent Attorney)     04 July 2015

Well for this your uncle has to file a petition in the family court under the Hindu adoptions and maintenance act 1956 and take a court order. If your uncle has any adoption deed made at the time of your adoption, then make this document a part of this petition. Perhaps if you contact a local lawyer, he should be able to help you.

rajuchowdappa   04 July 2015

I agree with Suggestions given by Advocate Vaidya.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 July 2015

I agree with the expert advise of Ms. Vandana Vaidya.

Consult and engage a local lawyer for further advise, guidance and proceeding.

Shalini Jain (Student)     06 July 2015

Thank guys !

BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     29 July 2015

I agree with the advocate

Rohit Krishan Naagpal (Advocate)     02 August 2015

As per law "It is the act of adoption and not an adoption deed which confers the status of an adopted son. A perfectly valid adoption can be made without an adoption deed."

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register