LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S F KHATRI (Lawyer)     13 October 2012

Decree pass by lok adalt

What do you know about decree drown in accordance to the compromise made in lok adalt ?????


 5 Replies

Pradeep Kumar (Lawyer)     14 October 2012

Once a decree is passed on the basis of compromise between parties, it can't be challenged or set aside unless some fraud had happened. Adv.Pradeep Kumar 09871765000.

uma (M.Sc)     26 January 2013


Both parties aggree to partition land(more than 10 lacs)  with  General Stamp must engross for final decree condition mentioned  in Compramise Aggreement and signatures put in before lokadalat.

after that lokadalat request to honorble court to pass a decree based on the terms of compramise in lokadalat.but parties no representation on Honorble court after long time hence the suit is closed.

Pleae suggest  me  for the civil  suit  validity  ,without complete lokadalat final award,return back to the court for filling Non judicial stamps with respect to valution it required  to reopen the civil suit again or 

can we continue the lokadalat  compramise agreement.  

Please let me know sir. uma



Sincerely thanking you sir. 

uma (M.Sc)     02 March 2013

 due to the no parties representation in  the honourble subcourt for original suit, judicial proceedings of suit is closed without pass any decree... ( because of terms and conditions of comprramise agreement is not fullfilled).

note; after that lokadalat request to honorble court  time gap is 4 yesrs. during the 4 yrs time no partie is reprsented the case.

the  O.S is partition suit for great ancesstors property of undivided hindu family.

no exparties (defendents ) are existed  now . 

please let me know the validity of compramise agreement in lokadalat without pass final award or final decree by court..

Sincere thanking you sir.

Rajendra Shrivastava (advocate)     06 March 2013

a decree passed according to section  20 of legal aid authority act 'it canot be challanged except under section 44 indian evidence act.                     9827274857

shambhu pandey (assistant)     22 July 2013

So far as i know the award passed before Lok adalat in partition suit itself treated as a decree,therefore it the award not decree because if it is a decree passed then it would be appealable but in the settlement made before Lok adalat  where there exist last remedy in alloting the quantum of share to each party through mutual consent...hence it is a award..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register