Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PN   12 August 2021

Declare name change in mh gazette

Hello all,

I am in the process of changing my Middle Name and Last Name. My Last Name is also my Father's Name. There is no change to my First Name.

I now plan to file an application in the Maharashtra Gazette. I have a question about the Application Form that I downloaded from the Maharashtra website that needs to be filled by hand and then scanned. The form has 3 options to fill up - Name, Father / Husband Name, Surname. There is no option for Middle Name or Last Name.

The issue is that:
1. In my OLD name, my Father's Name and Surname are the same
2. In my NEW name, I have not included my Father's Name. Instead, it has my Mother's Name

The online application has Middle Name and Last Name. But, this form for which I need to take a printout has a different naming terminology.

So, what do I do in this case?

Learning

7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 August 2021

No legal dispute / issue is involved in the facts posted by you for consideration and obligation of experts on this platform.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 August 2021

Is the application form specifically for name change or a common applications form for any or all the publications / notifications on the Gazette?

PN   19 August 2021

Hello Venu,

The application form is specifically for name change. I have included an image of the form

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 August 2021

You may enter the middle name in the second column.

PN   19 August 2021

Okay. So, can I put my OLD and NEW names as per the image? Because:

1. In my OLD name, my Father's Name and Surname are the same
  2. In my NEW name, I have removed my Father's Name and put my Mother's Name

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 August 2021

Yes, you can. There is in Law in our country as to how a person ought to be named. It is all a matter of personal choice and discretion.

1 Like

PN   20 August 2021

Ok, thank you for the confirmation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register