LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Paplu (Lawyer)     12 September 2015

Declaration of name


An army men died, her wife's  name is "KARMELANI" in service book but she known as "KARMELA".  KARMELA is mentioned in all relevant documents viz voter ID card, Adhar Card, Ration card, Pan Card etc. The PPO sent pension to the local bank in the name of KARMELANI. when she approached the concerning bank they refused to disburse pension amount to KARMELA.

Please advice me what should be the remedy. may she file for succession certificate ? 


 3 Replies


inform ppo the actual name with documentary prrof of voter card, adhar card etc. and request for a name change/ correction/rectification.

Ajay Paplu (Lawyer)     13 September 2015

Thnaks Arix, they had written to ppo but they replied to meet with last posting place. Question is here whether it is cured by filig succession or not.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2015

Succession certificate will again have the same name confusion.  It would be better to approach the  concerned Army record Office with necessary affidavits and other formalities to  be complied for amending the name of the wife on the basis of all other  documentary evidences. This process will be very simple as the Army Records Personnel will respond promptly as well as are more cooperative towards the grievances of their men or their wards unlike the civil authorities. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query