LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Debojit Acharjee   13 March 2024

Deceiving case of lg service center

My complaint was against the LG service center for not repairing the washing machine even after providing an assurance for the repair. The technician came to my location and checked the machine and informed me that it needs to be taken to the workshop because it has got rust and it's body should be changed. A quotation was provided before picking up the washing machine from my premises.

But after submitting the washing machine to the LG service center, it was informed to me that it can't be repaired because parts are not available and I have to buy a new machine with an exchange offer though the service center. Previously, the repair estimate are around INR 8,000.00 (as mentioned in the quotation). However, if I go for an exchange offer then I might have to pay more for a new machine.

That's why I felt like I was deceived by the LG service center for luring me into this. If parts are not available then why the service center didn't inform me before sending the quotation for repair and picking the machine from my place.

Therefore, I need to know what can be done about this case?


 7 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 March 2024

This comes under unfair trade practice besides deficiency in service.

You can very well file a conmer complaint case before a consuimer redressal commission

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 March 2024

How oldis the issue.

Debojit Acharjee   16 March 2024

it was 2 weeks old case.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 March 2024

then it is within limitation

Debojit Acharjee   25 March 2024

LG is not telling me anything about what the service center is trying to do with the washer. LG company doesn't have any greviance department either.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 March 2024

You are a customer and you have grievances over the defective product as well as deficiency in service. 

Hence you can approach consumer redressal commission with a complaint to get your grievances redressed. 

Debojit Acharjee   26 March 2024

So that can be done online or I have to go to the high court?

Am I going to get any compensation for this and what will be the outcome?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register